The Australian Network for Plant Conservation has embraced social media in our efforts to promote and develop plant conservation. You’ll now find us sharing plant conservation news on Facebook, Twitter, and Google +.
We’re also sharing images from current and past ANPC activities on Flickr.
We’ll continue to send out a summary of major news every 3-4 weeks via the ANPC News email newsletter.
If you have plant conservation news you would like us to share please email your news to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "For ANPC News" in the subject.
We've been sharing information on loads of events across Australia and plant conservation news. Here's a sample of some of what we have shared recently:
- Nice overview on why we should care about Biodiversity.'What is biodiversity and why does it matter?
- NSW NEWS: New organisation Local Land Services (LLS) created by merging NRM and Ag services from LHPAs, CMAs and parts DPI.
- Free e book - Glimpses into disappearing landscapes: Nationally Listed Threatened Ecological Communities of the South West Region of SW WA.
- Wondered what a regional Seedbank does and achieves? Check out this nice video about Murray CMAs Seedbank.
- Three rare insects to be translocated onto three three critically endangered plants in the Stirling Ranges, Western Australia.
- Victoria's Native Vegetation Management Framework is being reviewed. Opportunity to comment close 19 Oct.
- The first recipient of the David Given Award for Excellence in Plant Conservation announced (see below for more info)
- Australian Aila Keto honored yesterday by @IUCN at #IUCN2012 for 'outstanding services to conservation'.
- The Habitat Network has started a new community native plant nursery and food garden – “The Habitat” at Santa Rosa Park, Quarry Road, Ryde. All volunteers welcome.