Registration is now open for the 10th Australasian Plant Conservation Conference.
Abstracts close this Friday 27th June. If you are intending to submit an abstract you will need to be quick!
Registration and abstract submission information can be found at http://www.anbg.gov.au/anpc/conferences/2014/
ANPC national conferences provide a forum for conservation practitioners, community members and the scientific community to interact at a practical level.
The overall theme of the 2014 conference is “Sustaining Plant Diversity – Adapting to a Changing World”.
We have some great speakers organised:
- Bob Brown from the Bob Brown Foundation will be our guest speaker at a free public lecture.
- Professor Ian Lunt, Associate Professor in Vegetation Ecology and Management at Charles Sturt University, will be giving the keynote.
Plenary speakers include:
- Professor David Bowman, University of Tasmania (speaking on the Securing Biodiversity theme);
- Dr Terry Walshe, The University of Melbourne (Prioritising Actions);
- Professor Jonathon Majer, Professor of Invertebrate Conservation at the Curtin University Institute for Biodiversity and Climate (Animals in Plant Conservation); and
- Andrew Smith, Tasmania Parks and Wildlife Service (Engagement and Communication in the Modern World)
More information: http://www.anbg.gov.au/anpc/conferences/2014/